This week is championship week or something, and that means that the high schools all bring some of their students to kolonia (the town) to compete in sporting events.
Sports are so popular here that people eat sports for breakfast. The most popular sports are volleyball, softball and basketball. Yay! volleyball and basketball are well fun to watch. So far our school, NMHS in Kitti, has been doing ok, winning one or two events, but generally we get beaten by PICS (the kolonia school).
Not that I'm bitter (actually I usually am), but it turns out that because PICS is the only school that has track and gym facilities, they tend to win everything. I actually tried to rectify this situation. I discovered that the buttons that the score on the gym scoreboard (which is awesome becaus it makes that MWAAAAAA sound whenever the time is up) is right next to a window. Windows here tend to just be chicken wire. Chicken wire with holes big enough to fit a stick through. So I fitted a stick through but couldn't quite reach the button.
But at least my students learned the valuable lessons that proffesional sports is mainly about cheating creatively. Why isn't there a recognized sport of cheating? Best sport EVOR.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment